Director, Environmental, Health & Safety
Position: Director, Environmental – Health & Safety
Location: Westminster, CO, US, 80021
Leads and advises BPNCA senior management on the BPNCA Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Function strategy. Directs and is responsible for the BPNCA Environmental EHS function. Ensures the EHS function meets BPNCA’s overall safety and environmental plans and objectives. Drives and manages BPNCA Health Safety policy and initiatives to drive a “safety always” culture. Create and manages divisional EHS budget to identify programs and training to improve EHS competencies within the division.
What will you be responsible for?
- Establishes and responsible for goals and implements programs for the division’s EHS organization to improve year over year results.
- Partner with BPNCA Functional/Plant Leadership to train and keep the division aware of current and future EHS regulations that impact the manufacturing plants.
- Establishes and leads EHS policies and process standards [Including ISO 14000 (Environmental) & OSHA 18000 (Workplace Safety Standard) for the division.]
- Establishes and directs the activities of the BPNCA EHS Function including ownership of recordables and lost time accident reporting.
- Provides advice and recommendations to plant and functional leadership.
- Establishes and directs group environmental regulatory and compliance programs to ensure that all functions and locations of BPNCA are in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Partners with the Functional EHS and Plant teams to meet environmental and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Establishes and directs group EHS activities related to plant and site location, and selection studies.
- Trains, leads, and coaches employees with the objective of building a well-rounded, technically proficient team.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all EHS standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Drive safety culture change and behavioral based safety initiatives.
- Program manages the on-going identification of EHS training and processes by leveraging appropriate plants. resources and external expertise.
What are Ball Corp looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety, or Environmental Sciences
- EHS/Operations leadership experience- High Speed Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Job related experience for 6 years minimum
- Ability to use and facilitate statistical process control techniques
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Clean Air, Clean Water, Resource and Recovery, and Toxic Controls Acts, Environmental Management Systems, OSHA (Including Voluntary Protection Programs) and EPA regulations, and EHS principles.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $132,500 – 205,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In-person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans