Manager, Plant Production
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Monticello, IN, US, 47960
What will you be responsible for?
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for the overall safety performance of the production department by ensuring safety programs and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with Ball Packaging Operations’ process and quality standards.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the production function.
- Establishes and implements improvements for safety, quality, and cost reduction programs.
- Directs and assists with developmental or experimental production activities.
- Maintains positive relations with local bargaining unit ensuring a high level of productivity, if applicable.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- May be responsible for environmental compliance.
- May be responsible for plant housekeeping.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: production principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; company policies, procedures, and products; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations, and Ball Packaging Operations’ quality standards.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years job related experience
- Less than 10% travel
- Leadership and training experience
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certification
- HIgh Speed Manufacturing environment experience
- Lean six sigma tools
- ERP systems
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500 – $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.