Roeslein – Senior Operational Services Specialist
Position: Senior Operational Services Specialist
Experience: Roeslein are looking for experienced Canmakers
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Senior Operational Services Specialist is responsible for providing technical support throughout the D&I can line including line layout review, construction, installation, commissioning, and start-up phases of the process. Provide leadership as the “Commissioning and Start-up Manager” to the Roeslein Operational Services Specialists, the OEM Technicians, and to the customer that supports plant commissioning and start-up activities, as well as on-going can plant operations management after start-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently work on technical assignments, such as participating in can and tooling design, can line equipment process audits, equipment specifications, equipment Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI’s) and equipment commissioning.
- Provide technical review of manufacturing process layouts for any potential “bottleneck” problems and provide feedback to the Engineering Group.
- Complete concise pre-delivery inspection (PDI) reports and daily job site progress reports using Roeslein standard format.
- Provide on-site Technical Group management, including training, commissioning and start up. Provide leadership to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM’s) technicians that support customer plant commissioning and start-up activities, as well as on-going operations management after start-up.
- Provide the leadership and management for the development of comprehensive can plant production equipment and support equipment training programs.
- Provide direction to personnel including Operational Specialists and Operational Engineers, and provide technical support to Business Development, Project Management, and Engineering.
- Develop criteria and manage the audits of existing manufacturing plants, including detailed reports and recommendations using Roeslein’s standard format.
- Provide estimating assistance as needed to calculate man-hour, required capital, and construction, as it relates to D&I technology tasks and Business Development for project proposals.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 30-60% per year.
- May require up to four (4) weeks on site at a time during commissioning and start-up; occasionally more.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in both office (controlled) and factory (uncontrolled) atmospheres. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Maintenance, or Packaging Engineering or relevant industrial experience is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years operational or maintenance experience in an operating D&I can or lid plant is preferred. This experience can be “Hands-on” or supervisory as a line mechanic, maintenance person, or production line supervisor.
- Must be capable of working independently on technical problems with minimal guidance from the Manager of Operational Services or Project Manager.
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and production process problems is required.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting is preferred.
- Knowledge of compressed air systems, vacuum systems, cooling water systems, conveyor control, and other related manufacturing plant support systems is preferred.
- Must be able to apply knowledge from prior experience to new applications and new industries.
- Must have a good understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles; understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics considered a plus.
- Prior experience in the D&I can and/or lid manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Must be able to present complex manufacturing concepts to customers with technical backgrounds, such as Engineers and Manufacturing Managers, as well as those with non-technical backgrounds, such as Finance or Marketing Managers.
- Must be able to relate to Senior Management Personnel, as well as Plant Technicians in terminology that the individuals can understand.
- Must be able to apply prior work experiences to many different production processes, which may apply to a variety of industries, such as Biogas industry.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.