Ardagh Young Creatives scheme
Ardagh and The Design Museum have teamed up for the Young Creatives project seeking youngsters from under-represented groups looking to get into the design world.
It is looking for 30 young people aged 14-16 based in London to explore all aspects of design, from product to campaigns and movement.
A post on The Design Museum website read: “Working with exciting established and emerging designers we will upskill and inspire you to make a difference in your world.
“As a young person led project, we start with what’s important to you. Through a series of workshops, you tell us how you want to design a better future – then, we make it a reality.
“Whether it’s a product, a performance, a campaign or a community endeavour – we make it happen and showcase your work professionally and publicly.
“You will connect and work together with other young people across London.”
They are looking for young people for whom one or more of the following applies:
- Identify as a Person of Colour (POC)
- Are young carers or are in care
- Have a disability, special educational needs (SEND)
- Are on Free Schools Meals
Through workshops, projects and mentoring participants will:
- Learn about design processes and design thinking
- Gain practical skills
- Collaborate with our amazing emerging and existing designers
- Work towards an exciting creative project
- Make the most of your personal experience and skills
- Build your portfolio / CV
- Have a professional mentor
For more details on the programme and how to apply, visit The Design Museum website.
Like what you read? metalpackager.com/subscribe