MPMA launches competition for UK’s oldest tin!
The Metal Packaging Manufacturers Association in the UK has announced a competition to hunt for the UK’s most loved and treasured tin.
On a post on social media, the company said:
“Do you have an ancient OXO tin which was used by gran to store gravy cubes and which now belongs to you, or an ancient sweet tin – beautifully decorated and still in great condition?
Why not have a hunt for your most treasured tin?
Take a photo of your treasured tin, tell us where it came from, how old you think it might be and what you use it for and send it to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your name and contact details.
Do share your photo on social media using the hashtag #huntfortreasuredtins. (Please note that these do not count as entries.)
The hunt closes at midnight on 21st April 2021 and the winner will be selected after this date to win a Fortnum & Mason hamper worth £120.
By submitting your photo entry, entrants give permission for images to be used in marketing materials including social media by MPMA.
Terms & conditions
- This prize draw is open to residents of both the UK and Ireland.
- We welcome entries from people of all ages.
- Multiple entries per person are allowed.
- Submitted entries may be used by MPMA for its own marketing and communications purposes.
- To be included in the prize draw, all photos must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Entries should include a description of the tin, where it came from, what it is used for, how old you think the tin is and the entrant’s contact details.
- Entries need to be submitted before midnight on 21st April 2021 in order to be included in the prize draw.
- MPMA will determine a winner from the totality of entries received
- The winner will be contacted directly within 5 days of the competition’s closing date.
- The prize for this competition is 1 x Fortnum & Mason Hamper. No cash equivalent will be offered.”