Aluminum Association welcomes Novelis plans
The Aluminum Association has welcomed the news that Novelis will invest $2.5billion to build a low carbon aluminium recycling and rolling plant.
The company made the announcement on May 11 for their plans to build the facility in Bay Minette, Alabama.
Charles Johnson, president & CEO of the Aluminum Association, issued the following statement:
“This is incredibly exciting news for the domestic aluminium industry and we congratulate Novelis on this historic investment.
“Demand is growing and our companies are meeting the moment with a continued commitment to U.S.-based manufacturing and jobs. America is one of the best places in the world to make aluminium for five big reasons:
· Shifting consumer preference for more recyclable and sustainable materials;
· A bipartisan commitment to strong trade enforcement;
· An increased focus on sustainability and circular production both globally and domestically;
· A pivot to a more electrified world;
· Historic investment in American infrastructure.
“Today’s announcement represents the largest single investment in U.S. aluminium production in many decades and we look forward to continued and sustained growth for this industry in the coming months and years.”