Filling Process Technician – All Shifts
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Can-Filling Operations
To apply, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A career at Vobev is more than just a job – We are looking for people to join the team who are as excited as we are to be a part of our state-of-the-art high-tech manufacturing company at the epicenter of disruption for an entire industry. Vobev is the first company in North America to offer can-making, filling, and shipping under one roof. Our 1.2 million square foot facility will have the people and space needed to essentially change the industry. Our approach is innovative. Our facility is unique. And the results are game-changing. Be a part of our story.
We are looking for qualified candidates with experience in the timely and accurate service, repair, and maintenance of Krones filling, processing and packaging systems in can filling production areas. You will be responsible for checking switches, motors, regulators, and other parts of an automated packaging system, as well as working on hydraulic, pneumatic, and other types of systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoots machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and various testing equipment for diagnosis.
- Detects malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, etc., using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards, using electronic test equipment.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Follows electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
Qualifications: Associate degree in electrical or mechanical technology and 5+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in filling, processing, and packaging technology in the food and beverage industry. Experience on Krones equipment or similar technology desirable.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Disability, Life Insurance, PTO, and Holidays.
Physical Requirements: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus regularly.