Sales Account Manager
Company: DRT Metal Packaging & Precision Manufacturing
Location: OH, USA (Hybrid)
About the job
DRT Holdings, LLC is a leader in the metal packaging industry, focusing on supporting the production of beverage and food ends, through system and part sales and service. The metal packaging market is forecasted to grow significantly over the next several years because brand owners continue to choose infinitely recyclable metal packaging solutions over plastic or glass
The account manager will be responsible for managing all key account sales activities for a defined list of accounts. In addition to sales responsibilities, the account manager will supporting pricing, forecasting, and other strategic initiatives within the global business. The account manager will be an integral part of the sales team, helping to give feedback on strategy, influencing the P&L results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and delivering against the business objectives.
- Manage key account sales activities, as well as customer plant responsibilities, for a specified list of accounts
- Development and execution of account management strategy
- Relationship building at all levels of the customer organization
- Win new business opportunities by converting quotes to orders.
- Complete pricing, forecasting, and other contract needs as required
- Gather innovative ideas from the customer and plants to help drive DRT’s R&D strategy
- Support sustainability initiatives helping to further drive adoption of Metal Packaging solutions in the market
- Primary liaison with the customer to identify and resolve technical problems.
- Be proactive in meeting customer needs, finding new business opportunities, and executing on DRT’s strategy.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve field issues, by engaging cross-functional team to drive a swift resolution.
- Grow and manage a new business pipeline to drive innovation and growth with a specified customer base.
- Manage strategic project and program execution, such as new technology introduction, cost reduction, logistical efficiencies, and using information technologies as competitive advantage.
- Enter call, trip, and service reports into the CRM within 24-48 hours after each visit.
- Gather and log market and competitive intelligence into the CRM.
- Plan and execute trials of new parts to meet customer and DRT objectives.
- Complete expense reports in a timely manner consistent with DRT expense policy.
- Self-disciplined to maintain proactive and frequent customer visits.
- Maintain a safe work environment
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, or 3 -5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.), or 1-3 years work experience in the metal packaging industry, either at plant or corporate level; or, combination of both.
DRT is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits: company paid life and dental insurance along with available medical (available day one), disability, and (voluntary) life insurances. The retirement plan includes a 401k match.
DRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer