Manager, Plant Quality Assurance
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Goodyear, AZ, US, 85395
Further your career at Ball, a world leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminium packaging and aerospace solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and make a difference in your professional development, the community, and around the globe!
Ball has an opening for a Plant Quality Assurance Manager for their Goodyear, AZ location. If you possess an interest and have leadership skills check out the details below.
What will you be responsible for?
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the quality assurance function in the plant and its interface with the group office.
- Directs and implements quality training and development programs to maintain the competence and technical skills required for the effective performance of the plant quality assurance department.
- The plant quality assurance manager or designee is to be trained and certified in the food safety system and oversees its development, implementation, review and maintenance. Provides for trained backups in the case of absence of key food safety system employees.
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance standard procedures, methods, facility and equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Establishes and maintains a customer relations program in plant matters relating to quality.
- Establishes and analyzes quality areas, including quality goals, quality problems, defective materials, claims and customer quality problems. Advises plant management and the manufacturing department of the results of such analysis.
- Works with material suppliers on quality issues and cost reductions.
- Administers customer and vendor claim reimbursement systems.
- Performs leaker awareness training at the customer level.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in the can or end making process.
- Minimum of 5 years’ job related experience
- Working knowledge of the following areas: company policies, procedures, and products; quality assurance principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, product specifications and mechanics of equipment, Ball Packaging Operations quality standards, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Experience leading and developing quality process using continuous improvement / Lean & six sigma tools and methodology.
Compensation & Benefits
– Hiring Salary Range: $87,800 – $133,975 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
– This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
– Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminium cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.