Manager, Plant Human Resources
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Verona, VA, US, 24482
Further your career at Ball, a world leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminum packaging and aerospace solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and make a difference in your professional development, the community, and around the globe!
We have an opening for a Plant Human Resource Manager for our plant in Verona, VA. If you possess an interest and have experience as a Plant Human Resource Manager and have sat onsite at a plant/production environment, we want to hear from you!
What will you be responsible for:
- Provides and maintains employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in regard to fair employment practices, EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Administers the collective bargaining agreement and address union related issues i.e., grievance resolution, arbitration.
- Prepares for and participates in collective bargaining.
- Maintains positive relations with union officials.
- Provides and maintains plant personnel functions and records including promotions, merit reviews, disciplinary actions, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains effective new employee plant orientation programs.
- Administers wage, salary, and benefit programs in the plant in accordance with group and corporate policies.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, and motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information and programs.
- Ensures plant staffing needs are met by managing the succession planning, recruiting, selection and placement of candidates for plant positions.
- Identifies, develops and implements human resource processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and develops programs in all areas of employee relations in order to maintain a climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference, if applicable.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and work early hours as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
What are we looking for:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience. HS Diploma/Equivalency required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ job related experience.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: employee relations, H.R. management, industrial relations, business practices, H.R. legal practices, Labor Relations (if applicable) and generally accepted managerial practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant human resources techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- SPHR, PHR, SMRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification
- Manufacturing environment experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: $90,400 – $138,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.