INX Can Design Contest Voting to open
Voting for the fourth annual Colored by INX Can Design Contest will be held for three days starting on 14 June. An independent panel of five judges has selected the five finalists and the can contest designs can be viewed online.
The winning entry will be announced on the INX International website and social media platforms on 22 June.
Public voting will be conducted via INX’s Facebook page and LinkedIn page and will count as one vote. Great Lakes Brewing Company in Cleveland won the last two contests and has a chance to three-peat.
Below are the finalists the judges and public will vote for:
- Ballast Point Brewery, Hazy Sculpin India Pale Ale submitted by Ball Corporation
- Lagunitas Brewing Company, Island Beats Tropical IPA submitted by Lagunitas
- Miller Brewery, Miller Lite Grill submitted by Ball Corporation
- Great Lakes Brewing Company, Ruby’s Revenge Imperial Grapefruit IPA submitted by Great Lakes Brewing Company
- Spoetzl Brewery, Shiner Texhex Bruja’s Brew IPA submitted by Ball Corporation
The entries were created by designers who produced a commercial can design before 1 January 2023, and used two colors from the INX Metal Color Catalog , the metal decorating industry’s only true color standard.
The judges determined the finalists based on originality, overall design aesthetics, best use of the color palette, and the project statement indicating how their color choices influenced their final design.
“We received an exceptional amount of creative entries from a wide assortment of brand owners, design agencies, marketers and metal decorators,” said Renee Schouten, Vice President of Marketing for INX. “When we exhibited at MetPack and the Craft Brewers 2 Conference last month, we had a good idea this contest was on the minds of many people. A good majority of them followed through and submitted entries.”
The contest winner earns bragging rights, an engraved trophy and other industry recognition, including a feature story in INX’s widely acclaimed Color Perfection magazine.