VP, Procurement BPNCA
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Westminster, CO, US, 80021
Further your career at Ball, a world leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminum packaging and aerospace solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and make a difference in your professional development, the community, and around the globe!
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Regional Head of Procurement provides direction and management support for the regional procurement team with responsibility to manage, analyze, and buy goods and services for their region, including defining performance expectations and savings goals and overseeing category strategy and execution for regional categories. This role will monitor supply markets and anticipate impending labor disputes, market or industry usage changes, commodity shortages, price changes, and other factors in order to develop and implement contingency plans and ensure supply. This role will also engage, develop, and foster relationships directly with regional senior leadership to ensure alignment with regional business unit strategy and goals and also work closely with their global counterparts to provide input into global category strategies and ensure that those global strategies are executed to the benefit of the company.
The role will have a dotted-line reporting relationship with the regional President; and be a key member of the regional leadership team advising on decisions beyond Procurement’s scope.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides direction and management support for a regional procurement team, including setting goals and ensuring that the team is working toward achievement of those goals.
- Owns the category management lifecycle process for regional categories including development of long-term, multi-year category strategies and development and evaluation of “go to market” strategies and supports the efforts of the team members with their categories.
- Interact with SVP level at our largest suppliers, and C-level at medium suppliers. Interactions will revolve around negotiations, supply assurance and building / maintaining Ball’s positive reputation in the market
- Leverages multiple sources of market intelligence and data to make data-informed decisions.
- Develops a comprehensive view of the balance between supply and demand and actively monitors market conditions for the team’s categories on an ongoing basis in order to make informed decisions.
- Has responsibility for the development and evaluation of “go to market” strategies for regional categories and can achieve creative commercial outcomes through negotiation planning and successful execution by directing cross functional teams of stakeholders.
- Able to work across business units and engage with Global Category teams and leadership to facilitate positive outcomes for the organization
- Create and manage regional COGS AOP.
- Involved in the performance management process for regional suppliers, including regular business reviews and supports the efforts of the team members with their suppliers.
- Proactively reports progress against sourcing goals for the specified period.
- This role would be a potential successor for the Chief Procurement Officer.
- Expenditure under management may vary from $1B to $4.5B.
- Team size will consist of 8-10 direct reports and from 25-60 indirect reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with Master’s degree or advanced certification (e.g., MBA, CPM, CPSM, CPSC, PMP) preferred
- Minimum of twenty (20) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Sourcing, Category Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Management Consulting or business-related operations. Relevant experience with direct, indirect procurement is a plus.
- Knowledge of supply management including business continuity planning and supply assurance practices
- Knowledge of analytics and market research methods
- Knowledge of procurement technology
- Knowledge of international business markets as supply base is global
- Knowledge of our competitor’s Procurement practices.
- Strong knowledge of supplier diversity programs
- Knowledge of financial principles in create annual operating plans, standard material costs and budget process
Compensation & Benefits:
– Hiring Salary Range: $ 260,000-$320,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
– This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
– Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.