New cannabis beverages hit market in Canada
Truss Beverage Co. has announced it is added six more cannabis beverages to its line-up in Canada, including four canned varieties.
The new products feature flavours inspired by summer and contain varying levels of THC and CBD.
Truss, a joint venture between Molson Coors and HEXO Corp., is Canada’s top-selling cannabis brand, holding six of the top 10 SKUs and selling more than 2 million units since launching its first products in August, amounting to a 43% share of the market, according to internal data.
“Eight months ago, we launched the largest and most diverse portfolio of cannabis beverages in the industry. Today we’re back, adding a whole new line-up of innovation and increasing our offering in Canada by an additional 50%,” says Scott Cooper, president and CEO of Truss Beverage Co.
“With summer approaching, the biggest adult beverage market of the year, this is great news for legal-age consumers.”
The new flavours, available at authorised cannabis retailers nationwide, as well as online, through provincial cannabis boards, are:
- House of Terpenes™ Valencene & Sparkling Tonic: Combining tart citrus flavours of grapefruit with a zing of ginger, balanced against notes of sage and mild sweetness of hops (5mg CBD + 5mg THC).
- XMG™ Citrus and XMG™ Watermelon: Featuring lemon and lime citrus flavours that pack a punch, and sweet, intense watermelon flavour (10mg THC).
- Veryvell™ Honey Green Iced Tea: Featuring iced green tea with a touch of honey (2.5mg CBD + 2.5mg THC).
- Little Victory™ Lemonade: Tart and juicy naturally flavoured lemonade (2.5mg CBD + 2.5mg THC).
- Mollo™ 5 Lime: Crisp and lightly hopped with a lime twist (5mg CBD + 5mg THC).
“We’ve worked in close collaboration with our community of consumers and budtenders to bring together a selection of fresh, new beverages made with natural flavours that are perfect for those outdoor summer occasions,” says Lori Hatcher, head of marketing at Truss Beverage Co.
“We’re so excited to bring these to market over the coming months and to see the reception from consumers as they continue to navigate this fast-evolving category.”
Like what you read? metalpackager.com/subscribe