Anheuser-Busch reveal Super Bowl advertising plan
Ahead of the NFL Conference Championships, Anheuser-Busch revealed its Super Bowl LVI advertising plan which takes a “high-octane offensive approach” across its roster of brands and products.
As one of the Super Bowl’s longest-running advertisers, Anheuser-Busch knows the end to the NFL season is a meaningful moment for diehard and casual football fans alike.
America’s leading brewer will use Super Bowl LVI to spotlight how its portfolio is brewed to deliver the company’s renewed purpose: to create a future with more cheers.
Knowing today’s fans are watching the game across multiple platforms, Anheuser-Busch will reach 21+ consumers through its award-winning brands which will advertise during the Super Bowl broadcast nationally, regionally, and on digital channels.
“As we look to this year’s Super Bowl, we are excited to illustrate how Anheuser-Busch is accelerating its transformation and further adapting to today’s consumers,” said Benoit Garbe, Chief Marketing Officer, Anheuser-Busch.
“For this year’s game, our brands will deliver content that is authentic to their purpose and cantered on consumer truths – whether that be through creative that reminds viewers to find joy or content that celebrates the resilience of the American spirit.
“Now more than ever we believe viewers want to hear about hope, positivity, and possibility, and we’re going to deliver on those themes.”
Anheuser-Busch will have four minutes of advertising time as part of the national broadcast. Each spot kicks off a larger 360 marketing campaign, integrated across commercial and retail channels:
- Bud Light NEXT: Ten years in the making, Anheuser-Busch’s first-ever super crisp, zero-carb beer is brewed with the tradition and legacy of Bud Light, but created for today’s consumers who have long desired a beer that breaks the barriers of a traditional lager and offers the sessionability and stats of a seltzer. For its first-ever Super Bowl ad, Bud Light NEXT will demonstrate what’s possible when there’s zero in the way.
- Bud Light Seltzer Hard Soda: Bud Light Seltzer continues to innovate with bold flavour options that consumers love and the “Loudest Flavours Ever.” Bud Light Seltzer Hard Soda isthe brand’s newest seltzer innovation, blending classic soda flavours with seltzer’s easy refreshment, and its Super Bowl spot will take place in a magical land full of flavour.
- Budweiser: America’s favourite beer has always been there for the occasions when the country comes together to celebrate the moments that matter. After sitting out of the Super Bowl in 2021 for the first time in 37 years to promote Covid-19 vaccine awareness, the brand will return to advertising’s biggest stage with a message that recognises American resilience.
- Cutwater Spirits: The most awarded canned cocktail brand in the U.S. offers consumers the ease and convenience of 20 bar-quality cocktails in a can. In its first national TV commercial, Cutwater Spirits celebrates the everyday ingenuity of those who work smarter, not harder – particularly when it comes to enjoying their favourite cocktail.
- Michelob ULTRA: The brand that’s brewed for those who pursue fun and fitness in equal measure and that celebrates a balanced lifestyle reminds us that ‘it’s only worth it if you enjoy it.’This year the brand is doubling down on joy and bringing together legendary athletes for some friendly competition on a level playing field.
- Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer: This USDA-certified organic hard seltzer is brewed with zero added sugar for a clean and refreshing taste, with zero carbs. The brand’s Super Bowl spot builds on Michelob ULTRA’s themes of active enjoyment.