Plant Human Resources Manager
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76140
Ball Corporation have an opening for a Plant Human Resource Manager for our plant in Fort Worth, TX. If you possess an interest and have experience as a Plant Human Resource Manager and have sat onsite at a plant/production environment, this may be the job for you!
What will you be responsible for:
- Provides and maintains employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in regard to fair employment practices, EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Administers the collective bargaining agreement and address union related issues i.e., grievance resolution, arbitration.
- Prepares for and participates in collective bargaining.
- Maintains positive relations with union officials.
- Provides and maintains plant personnel functions and records including promotions, merit reviews, disciplinary actions, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains effective new employee plant orientation programs.
- Administers wage, salary, and benefit programs in the plant in accordance with group and corporate policies.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, and motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information and programs.
- Ensures plant staffing needs are met by managing the succession planning, recruiting, selection and placement of candidates for plant positions.
- Identifies, develops and implements human resource processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and develops programs in all areas of employee relations in order to maintain a climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference, if applicable.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and work early hours as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
What are we looking for:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience. HS Diploma/Equivalency required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ job related experience, including at least 2-3 years Union highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: employee relations, H.R. management, industrial relations, business practices, H.R. legal practices, Labor Relations (if applicable) and generally accepted managerial practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant human resources techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- SPHR, PHR, SMRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification
- Manufacturing environment experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $87,800 – $133,975 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit the Ball careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans