Supervisor, Plant Training Programs
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Multiple locations
Primary Purpose of the Position
Drives operational excellence though the deployment and execution of a standardised and comprehensive technical training program. Drives quality and consistency of training delivery. Promotes a continuous improvement culture through analysis of employee proficiency, program effectiveness and achievement of KPI’s. Drives employee adherence to the defined training program by monitoring and reporting status of training completion against defined targets of timing and performance.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Leads and strategically advises plant leadership on effectiveness of plant training programs and future training needs, by monitoring and measuring KPI’s as determined through collaboration with operational leadership.
- Manages the organisation and staffing of employee onboarding and other operational training based on current production needs, training changes in the production process and training designed to supplement individual shortcomings of knowledge and skills of employees.
- Supervises the plant trainers and training function as directed, utilizing Ball’s Inspire, Connect, and Achieve Leadership Framework.
- Supports the successful deployment and execution of the LMS system included administration duties as defined by the program.
- Supports training-related employee onboarding activities as defined by the training program, championing Ball Corporation’s company culture and Drive For Ten values.
- Drives an effective training program that enables teams to safely and effectively perform consistent, high-quality, role-based work consistently across assigned plants to maximize operational performance.
- Drives effective use of the training assets in the plant including the training room, aids, materials and related technology.
- Drives consistent training delivery by supporting the development of plant training resources with approved methods, skills and techniques, and collaboration with the regional technical training department.
- Drives and administers plant based training grant opportunities in collaboration with the regional technical training department.
- Indirectly drives employee adherence to the defined training program by monitoring and reporting status of training completion against defined targets of timing and performance.
- Champions use and functionality of training program and ensures accuracy/effectiveness through a validation strategy that includes visual observation along with both formal and informal feedback.
- Conducts training, when appropriate, on general concepts and topics as defined by the standardised training program.
- Supports and follows critical control processes such as change control systems, document control systems and SOP/WI systems.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience; adult education, instructional/curriculum design
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Must be able to prioritise multiple projects, perform complex tasks, organise and follow through consistently and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable skill in team building, leading, teaching, coaching and influencing leaders; ability to influence upward, across and down with skill, and without formal authority
- Change leadership experience; willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Application experience and skill using Microsoft Office and other content development tools
- Experience using and supporting learning management (LMS) and content management systems
- Ability to identify, organize and administer local training grant opportunities
- Ability to communicate with associates at all levels of the organisation
- Strong written and oral communication, facilitation and presentation skills (communicate at all levels of the organisation)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- Expertise with teaching and supporting trainers on adult learning methods, skills and techniques
- Technical-writing Acumen
- Experience using and writing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and work instructions.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); or scheduled 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday. Working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,700 – $102,925 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans