Company: American Canning
Location: Austin, TX, US
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Can Manufacturing
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminium can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, packaging supply distribution efforts, and unparalleled customer service. In 2022, we are looking forward to add can manufacturing to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Can Plant Production Manager, the Chief Decorator will oversee the entire operation of the Can Decorator. This new facility uses a waterless technology and is the first of its kind in North America!
A successful candidate will be…
A Team Player – You’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others and enjoys brainstorming, project-work, and building team spirit.
Adaptable – You feel at home in a fast-paced environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift.
Exhaustively Meticulous – You have an unrelenting attention to detail, leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
Mechanically Inclined – You are naturally inquisitive and love to tinker. If something needs to be fixed, you dive head in, pulling from experience on how machines work.
What will you do?
- Print sample aluminium beverage cans/colour proofs
- Operate decorator and perform minor repairs, cleaning, and lubrication
- Adjust equipment and machinery to support product variations
- Manage inks, varnishes, printing plates/blankets and blank can inventory
- Understand and interpret color shades and hues
- Mentor Deco Support Specialist
What do we expect?
- High confidentiality with respect to customer intellectual property
- Readiness to undertake urgent, time-sensitive tasks with no advance warning
- Detail oriented, with high quality standards
- Ability to work clean
What is Required?
- Previous Experience in a Deco Operator (Can Plant) role, REQUIRED (Please do not apply unless you have previous experience as a Deco Operator as this is a MUST in this highly specialized role)
- Candidate must successfully pass American Canning’s Color/Hue test.
- Color interpretive ability
- Familiar with personal protective equipment
- Mechanically inclined; familiar with hand tools
- Basic dry-offset printing skills/knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot litho/printing press issues
- Respect customer intellectual property and confidentiality
- Must already be authorized to work in the US
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% matching)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun company get-togethers, department outings, and cookouts at the office