Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Kent, WA, US, 98032
Job Category: Manufacturing/ Operations
Req. ID: 26091
Further your career at Ball, a world leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminium packaging and aerospace solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and make a difference in your professional development, the community, and around the globe!
Primary purpose of the position: Performs and ensures that efficient production is maintained throughout the plant. Troubleshoots problems and corrects deficiencies to ensure successful production.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment as required.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- May be required to work in other areas of production.
- May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot equipment and/or finished cans.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- High School Diploma or education equivalent required
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to operate forklift or aerolift, if required.
- Ability to use prevision measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products and plant quality standards.
Compensation & Benefits
– Hiring Salary Range: $35.63/hr
Benefits: At our Ball Kent, WA facility, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees (and their eligible family members) aligned with the current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and applicable probationary period. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverages. Employees are eligible to participate in the retirement pension plan for this facility. Upon successful completion of 12 months of employment and having reached 1,000 work hours employees will also receive one week of vacation leave per year, and additional time earned in accordance with the Vacation Plan outlined in the CBA. Additionally there are 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminium cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.