Manager, Plant Production
Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY, US, 12866
Category: Manufacturing/ Operations
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Ball are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminium cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable Ball customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. Ball produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
What will you be responsible for?
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment; including correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Support development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for the overall safety performance of the production department by ensuring safety programs and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with Ball Packaging Operations’ process and quality standards.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the production function.
- Establish and implement improvements for safety, quality, and cost reduction programs.
- Direct and assist with developmental or experimental production activities.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Including the ability to handle stress and interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
What are Ball looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in the can or end making process.
- Minimum of 4 years’ job related experience.
- Experience working in a high-speed manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: production principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; company policies, procedures, and products; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Experience leading production using continuous improvement, Lean & Six Sigma tools and methodology.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $103,000 – $140,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit the careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.