Company: Ball Corporation
Locations: Whitby, ON, CA, L1N 7C1 | Fairfield, CA, US, 94533 | Williamsburg, VA, US, 23185 | Monticello, IN, US, 47960
Ball Corporation are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminium cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
There is an opening for an Electronic Technician for the FT. Worth, TX location. If you possess an interest and have an aptitude for mechanics and electronics check out the details below.
What will your average week look like?
- Program logic controls for proper equipment operation.
- You will effectively train personnel.
- Install and maintain high-speed, industrial process equipment for can and/or end making, power, lighting, control, and logic circuits for all production process and support equipment
- Install and maintain gas mixers, burners, air compressors, plant air circulation systems, cooling and heating units, de-ionized water units and plant lighting.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, and repairs all electrical equipment, solid state circuits, components, logic boards, transducers, amplifiers, and complex timing and inspection devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance and identify inefficiencies and potential electrical problems while maintaining daily logbooks and records
- Follow job safety practices, policies, and procedures for safe performance of assignments
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices
- Willingness to learn how to drive a forklift or aero lift.
- You will perform general electrical work, i.e., conduit, wire sizing, pulling wire, and construction.
- Work a 12 hour shift from 6pm to 6am 4 day on 3 days off.
What are we looking for?
- High school Diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum of 3 years’ job related experience
- VFD and PLC programming experience
- Hands on experience with motor control Circuitry
- Display competent ability to wire, assemble, and layout electrical/electronic systems in an extremely neat and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment, solid state circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC/DC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, computers and inspection and digital devices.
- Follow EHS procedures including maintaining compliance to certification requirements and use appropriate PPE for each assigned task; make recommendations to improve ergonomics, health and safety of work.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Hourly Rate: $32.61 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to their career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans